The New Year is here which means resolutions are-a-brewing but what of your social media aspirations?
Below are 14 easy ways to take your social presences to the next level this year.
- Break into a new platform and do it Star Wars style, you won’t regret trying something new.
- Give a LinkedIn recommendation to an old colleague who deserves it, or even five who do. If you aren’t feeling up to writing a whole recommendation, try endorsements – and take a few words of advice from Buzzfeed on best practices.
- Explore Pinterest’s place pins and plan your next vacation. This will just be one way to break out of your shell and try something socially new in 2014 (and will make your plans that much more exciting for your friends)
- Discover a niche network. From VampireFreaks to LibraryThing, there is something for everyone.
- Get visual with your LinkedIn and showcase your best with a bit of color.
- Try not to use too many buzzwords – reference this list of the top 10 overused ones in 2013 to know which to avoid.
- Engage your audiences; don’t just tell them about yourself. We all love to hear about your latest accomplishments, but there is more to social. Let Charmin inspire you.
- Step out of the norm just like Beyonce did with her album release, it could pay off big.
- Don’t be a push over, just because it is on social media and public. This COO fought back against a customer who took to their Facebook page complaining about their customer service…and won.
- Know your privacy settings – it only takes a few minutes to check but more than 13 million US Facebook users have never touched theirs.
- Don’t post intentionally vague statuses on Facebook, it is one of the things people find most annoying.
- Just because you can, don’t hashtag everything – just ask Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon.
- Take this pledge. I will not over share on social media. If you need reminding, print this out immediately.