There are enough restaurants in New York City for one person to eat out every night for 54 years and never visit the same place twice.
If WalMart employees were an army, it would have the second largest military in the world.
Do these facts help your social media strategy? Most likely not. You probably now know not to anger WalMart employees, and just booked a flight to New York City.
The facts below will razzle and dazzle your social media strategy.
- 40% of people spend more time socializing on social media than they do face-to-face.
- There are more devices connected to the Internet than there are people on earth.
- Visual data is processed 60,000 times faster by the brain than text.
- Facebook’s share of “total Internet minutes spent” grew to 15.8 percent over the past year.
- 78% of Facebook users are mobile-only.
- 30% of Americans get their news on Facebook.
- Facebook mentions of Beyoncé increased more than 1300% within hours of her surprise visual album release.
- While the average social shopper spends an average of $60 when coming from Facebook, she spends $140 when coming from Pinterest.
- Pinterest grabs 41% of the ecommerce traffic compared to Facebook’s 37%.
- 80% of total Pinterest’s pins are repins. !
- Food is the top category of content on Pinterest with 57% of its user base sharing food-related content.
- Images with multiple dominant colors have 3.25 times more repins per image than images with a single dominant color.
- Garlic cheesy bread is the most repined pin on Pinterest.
- Images that contain less than 30% background are repinned the most.
- Red images get more repins than blue images on Pinterest.
- Over half of all mobile searches lead to a purchase.
- Blogging increases web traffic by 55% for brands.
- An email that includes social sharing buttons drives click through rates by 158%.
- While Twitter and Facebook tend to drive purchases of products people are already considering, Pinterest is more likely to drive spontaneous purchases.
- If Twitter was a country, it’d be the 12th largest in the world.
- Only about half of the people who log in to Twitter once a month are actually taking the time to tweet.
- The average time per month spent by users on Twitter is 170 minutes.
- The average time spent on LinkedIn per month is 17 minutes.
- 66% of LinkedIn members are located outside of the United States.
- 91 of the Fortune 100 companies use LinkedIn for candidate searches.
- The most photographed brand on Instagram is Nike with over 19 million posts mentioning #Nike each month.
- The first ad on Instagram gained Michael Kors 229,000 likes. An increase of 540% when compared to the average likes of the brand’s previous photos.
- The brand with the “manliest” audience is Monster Energy with 78% men.
- The brand with the “most girly” audience is Urban Decay Cosmetics with 84% women.
- The Google+ platform has 67 percent male users.
- The +1 button is served more than 5 billion times per day across the web.
- YouTube was founded to share dinner clips of a party due to the files being too large for email.
- The most watched non-commercial video is Charlie Bit My Finger Again, with over 458 million views.