Learning to turn your website visitors into buyers is a skill that every internet marketer should acquire. Do you have a website or a blog you are promoting? Are you satisfied with the behavior of the people who visit your website? Do they come and disappear without accomplishing the desired actions you expect them to perform such as filling in a form, buying a product or signing up for the program you promote? How much time do they spend when they visit your site?
If your responses to the above questions are in line with your expectations, then you are probably one of the lucky few website owners or marketers with the skill and ability to turn your website visitors into buyers. But if you still find hardships in this, like many other marketers, it’s high time you tested the following tips for improvement.
How do you then turn your website visitors into buyers? Before going into the details, bear in mind that your success in making a sale online will largely depend on your ability to create a reason for your visitors to hang around your website, to keep visiting your site frequently and to perform the actions you expect them to do. There are many ways of doing this, but let me share with you 11 proven ways. When you apply them properly, I believe you will be able to turn your website visitors into buyers slowly but consistently.
1. Having the right product for your targeted visitors. Review your product. Does the product you provide, meet the individual needs of your specific traffic? If it doesn’t, consider coming up with an alternative way of meeting your customers’ needs and satisfaction.
2. How is your website in terms of loading time, appearance, content organization and easiness to navigate? Are your visitors put off just because your website loads slowly and its appearance does not give them a positive first-hand impression? Is it because of the poor navigational and broken links? Find out and do something to it as soon as possible.
3. Credibility: Do visitors to your website have trust in your products and in you the business owner? How have you built your credibility? Probably it’s one of the reasons stopping your visitors from taking any further action. Trust protects you and can easily turn your website visitors into buyers.
4. Your sales copy, how is it designed? Does it target your visitors’ goals, dreams and desires? Does it bring out the major benefits of your products and services? It’s important for your sales copy to attract both the emotional and physical needs of your visitors, or else they click away and don’t ever come back.
5. Provision of useful content: How is the content on your website? Is it good content that compels people to hang around your site? Does it make your website become a site of regular reference for most of your visitors? Does it help in building your credibility and believability for your customers to buy from you?
6. Provide a free promotional product that relates to your targeted audience. People love free things and the moment you provide something, you prompt them to take the actions you want them to perform. You can provide products like a free ebook, free software or any other product. You won’t ever know, it can turn your website visitors into buyers.
7. Give a discount on your products. Your visitors, like any other people, will enjoy good deals. Try it out, you can easily make a sale and turn many of your website visitors into buyers.
8. Giving your visitors a trial or a sample offer is one of the best tricks to turn your website visitors into buyers. For instance, if you deal in software, you can provide a frée trial to your potential customers for a short period. When they use the product and find it useful they are compelled to purchase it. I first tried out all the software I use for at least 15 days and when I felt satisfied, I finally bought them.
9. Make your ad banners and text adverts as attractive as possible. Use power words that can hardly be resisted by your visitors. It can easily attract your visitors to purchase your products.
10. Remove the risk by offering a money back guarántee on your product. Mention it on your sales copy or messages, on your ad banners and on your order pages. It will build your potential customers’ assurance and change their mindset.
11. Have an online customer support system. Guide your potential customers to fully understand your products, programs and services. Probably they are not buying just because they lack support and more knowledge about your products. Remember that most people do not want to venture into doing things about which they have scanty knowledge.
Finally, I would like to appeal to you to review your site to find out whether there are any issues that need to be resolved and take some steps to proactively turn your website visitors into buyers, based on the 11 tips given above.